Had to make a few mods to the lighting in the backbox since the new art require a few lamps to be relocated. Now with all bulbs working for the first time I just need to repaint the wood and possibly change out the scores displays
I did add and added a couple of LED color changes to backlight the infinity symbol and changed out the counter with a new green Xpin LED 6 digit score display.
OK heres a little something came up that was unexpected. While Google searchin for something completely unrelated I found this image on Pinside. Nothing too special just some broken plastics for Elektra.
Expect one of them caught my eye, since I didn’t draw or have this one cut yet. I went through all my original pictures I took of the machine before my tear down and yep never had it so I didn’t know it was missing. ugh sigh.
So Im making one. Vectored up the shape and scale it to measuring the distance of the mounting screws and viola. new plastic ready to be laser cut!
A very cool light mod thats looking very promising. I picked up some 3/8″ blue El Tape for the inside head/lower playfield trim to play around with from Californeon
Was a little difficult to find the right width for this but so far Im really diggin it. Plan is to wire this into the lower plafields power so when the head lights for lower play so will the el-tape. This would probably make for a good Elektra mod as well and replace that useless rotting black foam.
Didnt stop belivin for a second and got all the bulbs replaced and working! Couldn’t be happier. The nice warm glow of the incandescents is perfect and the colored bulbs worked out real nice on the inserts. I kept my LED color changers and will be staring the backbox and customizing its lighting arrangement next.
Im 100 % convinced, LEDs SUCK! At least for this pinball project. But despite the many samples and tests of multiple companies and lens styles I carefully selected and replaced EVERY SINGLE bulb in the Journey Pinball project only to have more problems, with less then perfect results. My thinking like most Im sure, more efficient, less heat, and colors (especially for the inserts)
But even after replacing both lower flasher driver boards, the Light Aux board and Main Light Driver Board and performing the necessary mods for running LEDs on the new boards . I still had flicker issues, and really didnt want to have to bridge in resistors, some of the GI lighting (all warm led) had slightly off color/temperatures from bulb to bulb. Not sure if thats simply a bulb issue or if its just something in the older electronics and wiring. But either way very disappointed with the overall results.
So back to square 1. Though I’ll have to admit a lot less intimidating the 2nd time around and just as well since I originally wanted it have a more vintage authentic 80s look.
So order placed and received for straight up incandescent bulbs throughout and will try these guys for the inserts.